Monday, November 18, 2013

TrungNT’s CX650

  If you are fooled into thinking this is a Ducati Sport Classic at first, that was done on purpose.  Trang from Vietnam loves that bike, and used it as the inspiration for his build based on a 1983 Honda CX650!  He did a great job, and here’s his description of the build process…

  I am an Engineer, working in the oil & gas industry but in my own time I like to work with bikes. I have owned various type of bikes from Cruiser, naked, sport, touring, and adventure. I started looking for a bike to build into a café racer in early 2012. I wanted a bike which would be reliable with a robust-looking engine and simple chassis with simple electrics and controls.

  The Moto Guzzi is my favorite bike, however, there are almost no mechanics in Vietnam who can take care of them. I also like Ducatis, but they’re a bit pricey. Then I realized that the Honda CX was the best fit for my needs. I found a CX650 for sale in California back in February 2012. There were some issues with the shipping, and I had to wait a few months for delivery.

  While I was waiting I searched the internet, asking on the forums about mods, as well as updating my AutoCAD sketches. I also started buying parts. The most important elements were the inverted front forks, which were sent to me from a forum friend, Timmy,in Maryland, US. The bike finally arrived in  August 2012 and the modifications began.

  I chose to paint the bike orange to make it looks a bit different from other café racer bike. And it is also my favorite color as my car and my BMW 1200GS are also orange. I painted the front brake calipers and rear shock spring in red as the highlights of a sporty Café Racer bike.

  It was unforgettable feeling. After more than a year, I can really feel the bike, my own brainchild, how it sounds, how it pushes me on the street… It’s really great machine, smooth and powerful, especially with the new exhaust system.

  It’s always nice to see someone’s sweat and tears result in a beautiful bike, and this one looks so professional.  My favorite touch is the black engine with bare metal heads, it really reduces the bulkiness of the CX motor and looks great!

Source: The Bikeshed

0 comments:

© Goodhal Garage 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis