Monday, August 5, 2013

The Tin Shack Special

  Tin Shack restorations specializes in old Land Rover resto’s, but every now and then they take on a motorcycle project.  What i really find interesting about this build is that it reminds me of Land Rovers.  You wouldn’t think that would be possible, and yet there it is.  Maybe it’s the shape of the tail, which is reminiscent of Land Rover front fenders, I don’t know.  Anyways, it’s a great build!
IMG_8393
IMG_0630
IMG_0362
IMG_8467
IMG_8503
IMG_8461
IMG_8386
Visit Tin Shack Restorations
Source: Pipeburn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Greg,
I just came across this and thought you should know that you're the ONLY person that has made the connection between a Series Rover fender radius and the radius on the rear cowl of the Special. I did actually use an old Rover fender as a model for the wooden buck I made to form the alloy cowl.........good eye!!
Colby Morris
Tin Shack Restoration

Unknown said...

Hi Greg,
I just came across this and thought you should know that you're the ONLY person that has made the connection between a Series Rover fender radius and the radius on the rear cowl of the Special. I did actually use an old Rover fender as a model for the wooden buck I made to form the alloy cowl.........good eye!!
Colby Morris
Tin Shack Restoration

goodhalgarage said...

Wow, I thought it was pretty obvious, but I guess not!

© Goodhal Garage 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis