Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wet Rat by Nicolas Voigt

wet01

  Now this is something interesting!  Nicholas Voigt took a 1978 Puch Maxi and let creativity and resourcefulness take over.  Here’s how he describes it…

I built this bike around wanting to build a watercooled E50 motor. After getting a box of messed up cases from a friend and a used KTM 65 cylinder, I started to build the motor. Once the motor started to come together, I had acquired a bunch of frames and forks from someone that bought out a storage unit. Turns out it was another buddies discarded pile of parts. Once I had frame and forks picked out, everything came together. Almost everything came together from other peoples discarded crap, and that’s cool, it gives it some character. But for me, I wanted to put together a safe bike, and one that I can say that I built almost every part of.

  The result is one of the neatest rat-bikes I’ve seen, and something that looks like it would be a blast to ride around town on!  Great work Nicholas!

MOPED

ENGINE

CARB

  • Carb: OKO 26mm

wet05

wet04

wet06

wet03

wet02

wet07

Source: Cafe Racer 76

0 comments:

© Goodhal Garage 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis